To report suspicions, contact your local law enforcement agency or the law enforcement agency where you believe the abuse is happening. Concerned citizens should also make a report to the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services by calling:
1-800-25-ABUSE OR 1-800-252-2873.
Reporter information is not shared with families.
Titles are clickable.
– CDC National HIV and AIDS Hotline
– Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline
– Crisis Text Line
Text HOME to 741741
– Nacional de Prevención del Suicidio
– National Domestic Violence Hotline
– National Grad Crisis Line
– National Sexual Assault Hotline
Are you a mandated reporter? Everyone who suspects child abuse should report it to law enforcement and the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. But, if you are a mandated reporter, you are required by law to report abuse. Braveheart recommends mandated reporters review how to recognize and report abuse every year. For a free training, go here: https://www.dcfstraining.org/manrep/index.jsp